Deans Court are pleased to announce that Michael Jones has published a new book on the use of the internet jurisdiction and wardship in children cases, which should be of great interest and assistance to Family practitioners.
The book is entitled 'Children - The Inherent Jurisdiction and Wardship' and covers the following issues:-
- reporting restrictions orders and injunctions preventing publication of material;
- injunctions made under the internet jurisdiction in cases involving individuals who pose a risk to children/child sexual exploitation;
- provision and withdrawal of life sustaining medical treatment relating to children;
- deprivation of liberty in cases involving children under the age of 16;
- the use of wardship in the context of international child abduction and radicalisation cases;
- annex materials including up-to-date guidance, relevant extracts from the FPR 2010 and statutes, in addition to pro-forma orders.
The Foreword has been prepared by The Rt Hon. Sir James Munby, President of the Family Division.