- Business Crime & Regulatory
- Chancery and Commercial Law
- Common Law
- Court of Protection, Mental Health and Community Care Law
- Employment Law
- Personal Injuries and Clinical Negligence
- Professional Healthcare and Regulation
- International and Overseas Territories Law
- Civil and Insurance Fraud
- Barristers’ Chambers of the Year - Manchester Legal Awards 2018, 2017, 2014 & 2013
- "The most capable set of clerks in the North” – Legal 500 2017
- "A wealth of experience of acting in some of the most high profile cases of the last year” – Chambers & Partners 2016
- Regional Set of the Year - Chambers Bar Awards 2013
Simon McCann secures a double finding of fundamental dishonesty in a public liability case, and secures an enforceable Order for costs for insurers
Claimant's appeal dismissed in Dunhill-v-(1) W Brook and Co and (2) Justin Crossley
The Court of Appeal has dismissed an appeal by the claimant, Joanne Dunhill, who was challenging the failure of her claim for damages for alleged professional negligence against the barrister and solicitors who had acted for her when her personal injury case was settled at court 2002.
Disclosure of Proofs; Liquidator Wins Appeal
Mr Justice Norris gave judgment today in Burnden Group Holdings Limited-v-Stephen Hunt (Liquidator of Burnden Holdings (UK) Limited), on an appeal heard by him as Vice Chancellor of the County Palatine of Lancaster.
Re AF (Inquest into the death of SS Deceased)
Virginia Hayton is representing an interested party in the Inquest into the death of Shahida Shahid deceased.
We offer bespoke seminars to existing clients and are happy to discuss training with those interested in our services.