Deans Court are hosting a knock out family advocacy competition where you can win a mini pupillage and a book voucher!
Date: The first round will take place during the evening (UK time) of 29-30 June 2020.
- Entrants must be a second or final year law degree student, a GDL student, or a prospective bar student due to begin studies for the bar in 2020.
- Only students or prospective students from The University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University, Salford University, UCLAN, Lancaster University, BPP Manchester and ULaw Manchester, Chester University, Cumbria University may enter.
- Please note we are not accepting entries from current or former bar students, or those called to the Bar.
How it works:
- All rounds will take place remotely on the Zoom platform. There will be several rounds, and the final will be judged by Queen’s Counsel and senior barristers within our family team. Preliminary rounds will be judged by a barrister sitting alone.
- The first round is a piece of submissions advocacy, lasting no more than 10 minutes.
- A set of papers will be sent shortly before the round, and students will be allocated a slot. As this competition assesses advocacy, a summary of the relevant law will be sent to students along with the bundle for each round.
- No prior family law knowledge is required, and no additional marks will be given for including additional material. We do not anticipate that the first round will require extensive time for preparation.
How to enter:
The number of participants is limited, and so places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
Students may enter using the short form here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HY5FF6H.
Any enquiries should be sent to FamilyAdvocacyCompetition@deanscourt.co.uk
The prize will be a mini-pupillage with Deans Court Chambers and a book voucher.
Winner to contact email@example.com in order to arrange the mini pupillage.