- Nottingham High School
- St. John’s College, Cambridge (MA)
- Editor of the Deans Court Chambers Business and Professional Group Newsletter.
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Technology and Construction Bar Association
- Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (1999)
Tim Trotman has been a Civil Practitioner at Deans Court Chambers since 1984. Clinical Negligence experience has involved claims for wrongful conception, nephrotic syndrome, orthopaedic misdiagnosis, fetal hypoxia, inappropriate drug and implant therapy, cosmetic surgery and sports injury. Sample Construction and Professional Negligence cases have included claims arising out of engineering works to a flour mill in Trafford Park, a boiler explosion at large bakery in Stockport, defective design of heat exchanges for cattle incineration (in connection with the Government Over Thirty Month Scheme), an Arbitration concerning overage claims arising out of residential development in North Lancashire, and a disputed golf course development.
Personal injury work has included highway and factory accidents, industrial disease (asbestos, deafness, HAVs/WRULD, whole body vibration), workplace stress, brain damage, asthma, serious spinal injuries and CICA claims. Tim Trotman is also the editor of the Deans Court Chambers Business and Professional Group Newsletter.
- ‘Pacific Associates -v- Baxter: Time for Reconsideration?’ Construction Law Journal 1999 Vol 15, No. 6
- ‘Relying on settlements: The rationale of Biggin -v- Permanite’ Lloyds Maritime and Commercial Law Quarterly 2000 Part 2, May 2000, p222
- Local Authority Liability and Defective Buildings: The implications of Marcic -v- Thames Water Utilities Ltd’ Construction Law Journal 2003 Vol 19, No. 1
- “The Scope of Duty Test after The Achilleas” New Law Journal 27th January 2012
- “Divisible and Indivisible Injuries : Sienkiewicz v Greif (UK) Ltd” Personal Injury Law Journal March 2012
- "Health and Safety at Work: back to 1898: the Enterprise and Regulatory Reform Act 2013" - Personal Injury Law Journal March 2015.
- Causation in Clinical Negligence Claims after Williams v The Bermuda Hospitals Board  UK PC 4" - Journal or Personal Injury Law, September 2016
Wilkes v De Puy  EWHC 3096 (QB)
A product liability / personal injury claim relating to fatigue fracture in an artificial hip implant.
Pritchard -v- Clwyd CC
 PIQR p21
Mental Health / Consent to ERA hearing test
Rooney -v- Automotive Financial Group Ltd
PMILL 1998/14 p7
Maximum Award / Brain Injury
R(on the application of M) -v- CICA 
EWHC Admin 2464
Arbitration/Costs/Mistake of law / Quantity Surveying
Newfield Construction Ltd -v- Tomlinson
 97 Con LR (HHJ Coulson QC)