- LLB in Law and French 2:1 Leeds University
- Deug II en droit : Universite du Maine, Le Mans, France
- Cheadle Hulme School
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Northern Circuit
- Manchester Medico-Legal Society
Victoria has experience in a wide spectrum of clinical negligence work including cases involving surgeons, optometrists, dentists, general practitioners, nurses and care workers.
She has acted for a very wide range of clients, on both sides of the litigation process including private individuals, NHS Trusts, medical defence organisations and private medical and related institutions.
Recent cases include allegations relating to:
- Delayed diagnosis of infection, leading to meningitis and brain injury
- Failure to appropriately manage pregnancy including resulting in still birth
- Delayed treatment of eye conditions including genetic eye conditions, chemical burns and diabetic eye disease leading to blindness / partial sight
- A wide variety of complications arising from laser eye surgery
- Failure to diagnose / delay in diagnosis of cancer including to the breast, colon, kidney, oral cavity and skin
- Failure or delay in diagnosis of various fractures and joint conditions, including in children
- Failed cosmetic procedures, especially to the face and including, topical, surgical and laser treatment
- Failure to adequately manage or treat bowel conditions such as appendicitis, polyps, crohn’s disease
- Failed cosmetic dental treatment
- Delayed treatment of periodontitis and other dental conditions
- Treatment in the prison setting
- Failed surgical treatment resulting in issues such as chronic pain, internal bleeding and peritonitis
- Systemic failures in administration and procedures at hospitals and clinics leading to delays
- Failed management of mental health patients
- Injuries sustained in care homes
- Prescription errors
- Failure to obtain informed consent
- Failure to comply with data protection legislation
Victoria’s personal injury practice has a focus on complex liability, causation and quantum disputes.
She has considerable experience in the full spectrum of:
- Employers' liability
- Public liability,
- Occupiers claims
- Road traffic accidents (with an emphasis on exaggeration and fraud)
- Credit hire
- Industrial disease claims.
Recent quantum only cases have included quantification of chronic pain and accidents resulting in brain injury and loss of capacity.
Appearing on behalf of Claimants and Defendants, Victoria is well known for her forensic approach, client friendly service and robust litigation skills.