- Fraudulent Claims
- Severe Injuries
- Class Actions
- Clinical Negligence
- Industrial Disease
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Accidents in the Workplace
- Claims against Local Authorities
- Mediation and Joint Settlement Meetings
- Catastrophic Injury
Areas of work include, but are not limited to:
- Injuries of the utmost severity (spinal injuries, head injuries and other catastrophic injury)
- Class actions (eg Benzodiazepine litigation, child abuse claims, the Corby toxic waste litigation)
- Clinical Negligence
- Industrial disease (asbestosis, byssinosis, industrial asthma, legionella, mucous membrane disorder, noise induced deafness, repetitive strain disorders, VWF, work-related upper limb disorders, stress and bullying claims)
- Claims arising from road traffic accidents
- Insurance (coverage and policy points, Road Traffic Act and Motor Insurers’ Bureau work)
- Accidents in the workplace
- Claims against local authorities
- Fraudulent claims
- Mediations and Joint Settlement Meetings
Deans Court Chambers offers expertise in all areas of personal injury and clinical negligence litigation, and is widely recognized as one of the country’s leading Chambers in these areas. For many years, Members of Chambers have been involved in cases at all levels, including at the House of Lords and Supreme Court, and for both Claimants and Defendants. Clients are offered an outstanding service, and include insurers, health authorities, local authorities and government bodies, trades unions, small and national companies, as well as individual Claimants and Defendants.
The team is able to offer a full service, dealing with every aspect of personal injury and clinical negligence litigation, where necessary in conjunction with and complemented by other teams in Chambers.
Advocacy services cover an unrivalled range of work, including inquests and inquiries, insurance coverage and policy points, recovery and costs, as well as the issues raised in substantive personal injury and clinical negligence claims of all values.
Members of our personal injury team accept instructions on a conditional fee basis. Each case is considered on its merits. Details about our conditional fee agreements service can be obtained from our clerks. The basis upon which we undertake this work is set out in the section of our website describing our standards for civil work.
Deans Court Chambers has an outstanding reputation for its representation of a wide variety of defendants, including motor and employers' insurers and local authorities. It also undertakes high-value claimant work. It offers barristers with expertise across the full range of personal injury disputes. It is highly regarded by peers and instructing solicitors as a "strong set across the board with real strength in depth".Chambers UK, 2016