- Liverpool Blue Coat School
- BA History, University of York – 2:1
- GDL, University of Law – Distinction
- BPTC, MMU Law School – Outstanding (ranked first in year)
- Northern Circuit
- Inner Temple Exhibition Award (BPTC scholarship)
- Deans Excellence Awards for highest marks in the year in: - Civil Litigation- Advanced Civil Practice- Personal Injury Law- Criminal Litigation - Drafting
Zara joined Chambers in October 2017 following the successful completion of her pupillage under the supervision of Alex Poole. During pupillage, she also assisted members of Chambers across a variety of practice areas including Chancery/Commercial and common law.
Zara is routinely in the County Court on a wide variety of matters. Her practice encompasses a broad range of civil litigation with a particular emphasis on Personal Injury. She welcomes instructions from both Claimants and Defendants.
Zara accepts instructions in the following practice areas:
- Personal Injury
- Clinical Negligence
- Chancery and Commercial
In line with Chambers’ expertise, Zara’s personal injury practice encompasses RTA, Employers’ Liability, Public Liability and Product Liability matters.
Zara is developing a busy paperwork practice and has experience of advising on fast track and multi-track claims.
Prior to pupillage, Zara worked as Legal Research Assistant on the Kenya Emergency Group Litigation. From this she is well versed in substantive issues of vicarious liability and international claims. She also gained experience of procedural issues concerning the amendment of pleadings, Part 35 questions and specific disclosure.
Since joining Chambers Zara has assisted leading Juniors and Queens Counsel on matters such as:
- Discount rate, periodical payments and reverse indemnities;
- Consumer Protection Act;
- Animals Act;
- Procedural issues in a high value brain injury claim.
Zara has a particular interest in professional negligence work. During pupillage, she assisted with higher value claims, in particular, a claim concerning a solicitor’s failure to issue proceedings within the relevant limitation period.
Zara has since gained experience of advising on claims against accountants and solicitors. She welcomes instructions from both Claimants and Defendants in this area.
Zara accepts instruction across the following key areas:
- Contractual matters
- Indemnities/Coverage Disputes