- Our Lady and St Patrick's Grammar School
- University of Ulster
- Wolverhampton University
- Inns of Court Schools of Law -BVC
- Lecturer and external examiner for Birkbeck College, University of London, in International Law.
- Defence lead Counsel to the Special Tribunal for Lebanon (STL)
- Member of North American Forum and War Crimes Forums.
- Approved Football Association Lawyer;
- Member of IBA Criminal Law and Business Crime Committees
- Association of Defence Counsel before ICTY (International Tribunal for Former Yugoslavia)
- Northern Irish Bar;
- Criminal Bar Association;
- Sussex Bar Mess;
- International Bar Association;
Lewis Power QC is a formidable Advocate who is recognised as a leading light in complex Jury trials. His down to earth and approachable nature are major facets in instilling confidence in both professional and lay clients. Sources reveal he is an unrivalled cross-examiner, and is often first choice for those cases which are particularly complex and where quick judgement is needed and he is known to be cool under pressure. He is often the "silk of choice" for heavyweight criminal cases involving fraud, regulatory and cases with an international dimension. His cases have ranged from the infamous Grobelaar match fixing case to the London terrorist bombing trials.
He has represented famous sports persons in the fields of football and horse racing.
He has recently been instructed in the first 2 major cases in which the new crime of slavery has been charged - the first such cases in the last 200 years.
He has recently been acknowledged as being in the top Ten List of barristers in the UK (Chambers UK, 2014) and is currently studying to become an Attorney at the Californian Bar.
"Call to Arms": A Paper on behalf of the North American Forum dealing with issues of International Criminal Justice: 2013 International Bar Association.
R-v- Abdelgadir & Others
London Terrorist Bombings Case where only 1 out of 2 Defendants acquitted.
Leading Counsel in the "Adams Family" Gangland Case "Operation Trinity" and joint Police and MI5 case quoted as the biggest corruption case to come before the UK Courts - acted as leading counsel and secured acquittal for Family Accountant.
He is widely praised for his strong advocacy skills, and commentators state that he is fantastic with juries.Chambers UK, 2014
He has a huge amount of personality and charisma.Chambers UK, 2014
Has a "significant defence practice".Legal 500, 2013